PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Closed Threads Complaint.
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2001, 14:36
Holt CJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

To slj, Davaar, et al, I can assist with your enquiries. It was I who started the 'UK Chief Pilots ... II' thread when it was suggested by Captain Prune. It seemed to be going nowhere, so I posted an additional poser with respect to the pilot 'A' v airline 'B' scenario.

Responses showed promise until tilii chose to draft a new thread on the Rumours and News forum which quoted my second poser. From that point onwards, things became quite dramatic. Tilii's post was locked and moved by PrunePop into "Administration", tilii posted protest which perhaps questioned the integrity of moderators, and the protests were 'disappeared'.

Not wishing to become embroiled in this rather unsavoury situation, and in any event not entirely happy with the second version of the thread, I decided to close it by removing the very first post. I then posted a farewell to my friends, which was also 'disappeared', presumably by a moderator.

Tilii's new thread came out of 'Administration' onto the Aircrew Notices forum from whence it subsequently disappeared, by whose hand I have no idea.

In the final analysis, it matters little who did what and why. It was, I think, more important from my personal viewpoint to decide whether or not I wished to take the discussion further. I chose to finish it. I was a little disappointed to see that my farewell post had been disappeared, so I will say again, farewell to all. It was interesting while it lasted.