PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sabena: thanks!
Thread: Sabena: thanks!
View Single Post
Old 30th Dec 2000, 17:30
CargoRat2

BR,
Here's a classic from a couple of weeks ago. Positioning BRU-BIO.
After a delay due late inbound, finally allowed through the gate. As usual, waited until just about last (no point in joining the scrum to get onto the a/c). There were about 15 of us waiting for the rest to go through.
Got down to the ramp where the bus was to pick us up; just as we got there it drove off (full). No probs I thought, the next one will be here momentarily. 20 mins later it showed up. Thing is, 15ish pax left to their own devices on BRU ramp! Of those 15, 3 of our crew in uniform, 1 other positioning crewmember in uniform. We took it upon ourselves to make sure everyone behaved. The security implications make me shudder!
I would hazard a guess that it happens fairly regularly, because there were cigarette butts lying around the area where we were waiting.
(PS my mother went to Cape Town via Johannesburg with SN on Dec22 - baggage found in BRU on the 24th, after they had promised it had been relocated and flown on the 23rd).
Such A Bad Experience Never Again (SABENA).
Got that off my chest!!
Edit for Londoner: Well at least you had a friendly crew. Its certainly not their fault that their organaisation is a total mess.
------------------
rgds Rat

[This message has been edited by CargoRat2 (edited 30 December 2000).]