PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thanks Rod!!
Thread: Thanks Rod!!
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2001, 16:06
HOVIS

Received 87 Likes on 22 Posts
V50,
Quote:- "If they can do the job as well and to the same standards then great, why not use them."

Because, if you put 500+ people on the dole that's less tax going to the goverment and more cash from the government in benifits. Ergo. You, sitting comfortably employed, have to pay higher taxes to keep the unemployed off the streets, police the higher crime rates and employ more DRs and nurses to care for the statistically unhealthier unemployed. Economically sensible don't you think?

As for the huge pay rises, that's a laugh!

For the past six years every pay rise I have had has been less than inflation and closer to 1.5% (over 2 years)! Remember 1.5% of cock all is still cock all!!

I raised this thread to highlight the poor treatment of a group of generally fine professionals that "keep em flying safely",

To be told that you are out of work because the industry cannot support you is one thing but to be informed casually that it's because of the euro and competetive exchange rates does erk a bit, especially as your own line manager didn't have the guts to be honest about it.

End of rant, spleen vented, for those of you that expressed sympathy I thank you.

Will the last to leave please turn out the lights!!