PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shirley Bassey & Night Flying (UK)
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2007, 21:28
Twiddle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Letting down into a field with good vis but closing in is better than whapping a pylon fighting back to an airport, I'd land and wait for it to clear and complete whatever paperwork I needed to any day in preference to pushing on, showing some bravado and risking the health of anybody who flew with me. I'm saying that some days you just need to be there, and Sunday it was all moving pretty fast, we did turn back, but if it had closed in we 'd have been in a field with no arguments, we wouldn't have pushed onto Shoreham come what may.

<added this bit after the first post>

Like us he may well have decided two minimas, 1 for turning back and one for setting down immediately, but who knows, as I said, you had to be there, given that he did have somebody on-board that would certainly attract attention if he did put down off sirfield then I don't think we should ever criticise somebody for putting down, that's only ever going to add to the push-on-itus, and I'm not aware of anybody ever being injured from a prudent early let down?

- Unless (for the British Ester fans....) you know different???!!!!!

Last edited by Twiddle; 25th Jun 2007 at 21:44. Reason: Not on a PDA so I can spell now!!!!