PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The answer to all our secrets
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2007, 21:26
Mairi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok that now makes sense. I wish i could fly a 737 ort anything for that matter!!!

You been flying long??

no thats the flaps as you know see the pod like thing that support the flaps to move the hole was in the side of it

ok reading my threads i dont think i described it very well. I will try again.

Wings and flaps were normal

If you look at the wing from the window looking out you see the back of engine (if you behind it) and three white or silver pod like things attached to the wing i think they help the flaps extend....

The closest is in line with the engine at the back and looks a slightly different shape?? a fuel tank perhaps???

It had a compartment looking bit that blew open and the hole was in the side of this pod like thing and you could see inside it it looked like a cap or something????

its not the wing iteslf if you look at the pic its not the wing its the bit that sticks out and stays straight when the flaps go down like the pic is there but it was the one closest to the window behind the engine

if you look at the picture, see how the flaps have extended... the big solid straight bit that hasnt, one of them!!! now the hole that was open was at the side so you could have put your hand in and it would have ended up under the risen dome bit as you see in picture... is that the fuelpump??

do pilots inspect all the doors/panels/hatches etc on a plane before they fly or is it th engineers job