PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch "Holiday Airline" ITV1 show
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2001, 20:15
Steepclimb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What interested me, was how they covered the delay. First one goes tech then another. At last the masses could see both sides although I did feel they should have put more emphasis on the problems OPs were having in their genuine attempts to dig up an aircraft for the moaners.
The woman who claimed they'd been lied to looked a fool when you could see what had been going on in the background.
Why do people persist in thinking aircraft are like buses, oh yeah, that's right, the airlines want it to appear that way.

Wasn't that a lovely (and large) family in Spain. I was waiting for them to complain that it was too hot and full of foreigners.

Well we're promised an emergency next week, the Captain in the trailer said.'We have a problem' That could mean his coffee was cold but we'll see.
By the way, it's no use complaining that it shows little the life from the aircrew perspective. That is not what these type of programmes are about. It's all about ordinary people and the stressful experiences they endure travelling, not flying, in those big buses.