PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Education: What A Levels and Degree (if any)?!(Apr '09)
Old 25th Jun 2007, 15:43
captain_rossco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A-levels are a good thing, they reflect an individuals abilty to acheive what is still a fairly basic level of education.

Did I do 3 A-levels? Sort of, I did 6 AS levels, I thought, ' I can get the same number of UCAS points, but have fun learning about more than one subject'. ( and the exams are a doddle)

Fact is, what on earth is anybody going to do between finishing their GCSE's and turning, oh, I'd say 20(ish), the minimum age at which most airlines will even look at you? Probably nothing more beneficial than getting a few good grades at college.

As for the degree, who knows, it may come down to the person sifting through your 2 page life story on any given day, of all the boys I know in jobs, none of them have a degree between them.

I don't have one, and would not for one second even consider going back for one, that guy with a business studies or sociology 1st is just as likely to choke at interview as anybody else who hasn't got the metal to get through.

This debate has gone on for ever, in numerous threads, and to that end has probably answered every possible eventuality arising from every possible question.

So, my little darlings, get rid of your L-plates, do your pass plus, have a crack at some A-levels (or equivalent) and then we'll take it from there.

Regards

CR

ie. Yes, A-levels would be a good idea, if only because if you aren't at college you may be sniffing glue by the swings in a stolen Burberry coat