PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2007, 14:35
gate 22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FR at BHD,

Very interesting day, I wonder where this story came from. I believe in one airport for Belfast maybe that should be BHD now, because if Ryanair announce Belfast before EI, then EI probably will avoid Belfast altogether. Mind you LHR would still be a safe bet and maybe if EI thought long haul from BFS a base still could be viable. It seems to me to be a game with FR trying to out play EI. A couple of weeks ago Belfast/Shannon was talked about, when things between BFS appeared to be getting 'hot'. Now its more dramatic with actual talk of several routes from BHD. FR announced a BRS base when it was top dog for EI. Maybe FR have been side lined a little by BFS, as they try to nail down EI-not answering the phone etc, and this is MOL sending a wake-up call. Mind you if you were management of BFS who would you prefer EI or FR? you probably cannot have both.
If this turns out to be true this would be a major turn around for BHD, numbers would start to really rise. But from FR's point of view I just cannot see the attraction, with restrictions etc the aircraft would probably have to be inbound to make full use of them. But then again WW operate like that into BFS. Not good timing from BHD's point of view, fuel for residents/environmental groups against BHD at up and coming review. But anyway all this speculation what about some actual formal announcements we have had Delta/EI/FR/Virgin/Emirates etc etc