PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When Cabin Crew Scream....
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2007, 10:25
Rainboe
Warning Toxic!
Disgusted of Tunbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skr80- sorry, but that had me laughing! It was obviously a really awful day down there, but you were in no danger. the change of voice means nothing- the other pilot could have taken over the PA as the handling pilot would have been very occupied with the runway change and setting up the new approach, radios, charts etc. As for the stewardess 'screaming', they get a bit nervous too sometimes, and maybe she felt the drop. Such landings are really no problem for the plane, conditions were probably very difficult. The sort of flight to enjoy a nice cold beer afterwards and have a laugh, but not a dice with death. Those sort of landings are a good 'learning experience' for pilots! I still do one myself every so often- all pilots do.

The nearby hills can cause a real problem with a crosswind. Isn't this the place that has a curfew some times of the year because of turtles or something crawling onto the runway? Nice looking island anyway.

BTW- I think it a little unfair to exactly identify the flight/day. It could possibly lead to unpleasant repercussions for a crew doing their best for you! And this is posted in the wrong section.