PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai Retention Packages-Hit or miss
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2007, 05:45
choclit runway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are your home country tax free? Well most likely NOT!

At least the taxes are not hidden back home. I have never been to a country where so many hidden extras are added on (municipality fees and service charges, admin charges, parking meters everywhere and road tolls to come etc). A state that professes to be tax free should be just that.The powers that be are just too scared to put the name 'tax' to some of these expenses. That said.... It admittedly amounts to alot less than the 40% back home!

NV

Great social!!! Obviously the watches vary as do the people but if YOU are up for it then you wont go short of nights out. It can be a bit of a case of inviting yourself sometimes but in my experience anybody making the effort to get on the social scene here is warmly welcomed and tends to fit in much better at work and the whole Dxb experience becomes a very pleasurable one.

Dct, spot on again mate.

JD2, you make some valid points and none of the serco employees would argue with what you said, however, if you still don't get what you are promised it can be very frustrating. Housing is rarely completely covered for a large family, neither is schooling and our medical plan leaves a bit to be desired also. Some of us do lead a better lifestyle than back home but that is kind of balanced by the fact that we left our family and friends there. YES, it's our choice, but Serco could certainly smooth the passage for us a bit more.

That said, I'm sat fat dumb and happy and had a very easy move here but I do sympathise with some of the people here that seem to get nailed by Serco.

CR