PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accidents/Incidents/PVT/CHTR/RPT/AWK
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2007, 05:12
harropster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accidents/Incidents/PVT/CHTR/RPT/AWK

Hi All,

Well I thought I had a good understanding of Air Law, until I did the CPL exam this morning only to fail with 78%

ALL of the questions I got wrong were in 2 areas. I was given examples of something that went wrong and what I had to do in order to report it. e.g.

1.) I encountered severe turbulence and believed the structural loads on the aircraft were exceeded. The aircraft is required for CHTR the next morning, what should you do?

Well in the AIP's it says that if it is believed the damaged resulted then it should be a IRM. Too bad that wasnt an options in the answers. The answers were something like:

a) put an endorsment in the maintenance release
b) record the damage in the maintenance thus grounding the aircraft
c) immediatley report it to the CFI upon arriving home
d) do nothing

I choose C..... not to sure how your supposed to pull an answer from that. Am I missing something?

From my knowledge that would have been a IRM = phone CASA when you get back asap and write a report within 72 hours. An incident however only requires a report within 72 hours.

The second type of question I got all wrong were along the lines of:

You work for a company who owns its own aircraft. Every week you fly the companys aircraft to move company employees from one place to another. However sometimes you also move company contractors who are required to pay for their own seat. What is the lowest operation this could be classed as?

a) CHTR
b) PVT
c) RPT
d) AWK (aerial work)

Well since the flights did not involve a timetable I immediatley knocked out RPT. The Reg's didnt have this sort of operation under the aerial work definitions (CAR 206), so I knocked that out also.

My understanding was that CHTR flights meant that a member from the public had to to be the person who initiated the flight. However, since this was a company flight, I answered PVT, which apparently isnt right!

Can anybody explain where I've gone wrong? Really annoying since I thought I had a solid understanding of Air Law!

Cheers!