PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How do Airports Charge for use of Their Facilities
Old 24th Jun 2007, 15:49
Jemy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do Airports Charge for use of Their Facilities

I'm looking into how airports charge of the use of their facilities in the UK. In particular BAA.
Do airports charge airlines a fee based on the landing weight of the aircraft or per passenger it processes?
Does anybody have any idea of how much landing or passenger handling fees are?
I'm trying to get some figures so that I can demonstrate how unjustified it is for those who require to be collected by car at an airport to have their friends or relatives pay for a short stay in the pick up car park. I hope to write to my MP about this issue as I feel that BAA and NCP are extracting enough revenue from the travelling public.
It seems to me if transport, environment, airport and security come together in the same sentence then some commercial outfits see an excuse to extort money from the travelling public and quite frankly I'm fed up with it as it's going to kill this industry.
On the continent at many airports you can park for free for up to 2 hours which is very generous. 30 mins would be sufficient for most people.
Any information gratefully received.