PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIPA to represent ALL Qantas Group Pilots
Old 24th Jun 2007, 08:26
Shaft135

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a long a thread and sometimes off the subject. BUT.

There have been two or three statements made regarding the eligibility of other than Qantas (mainline) pilots able to join AIPA! Which have gone unanswered.

Quote; L Cox,
“It follows that, in my view, pilots employed by Jetstar, Eastern and Sunstate are currently not eligible to be members of the AIPA.” (para 49 of the decision)

Also somewhere else in this thread I am sure it was quoted.

The direct quote from the AIRC web page is,

[49] It follows that, in my view, pilots employed by Jetstar, Eastern and Sunstate are currently not eligible to be members of the AIPA. I also accept the submissions of Mr McDonald at paragraphs 47 to 56 of his written submissions on this issue.

Paragraph 47 refers to, how AIPA has failed the no better organisation test. And,
Paragraph 56 refers to, the act does not discourage overlapping coverage and the resultant competition for membership.

A former AIPA President on another bulletin board has also stated,
Quote:
I do know that the AIPA rules specifically prohibited AIPA from signing up any members other than pilots engaged in international operations (as a direct result of court action in the early 1980's

The AIPA Reform Group (ARG) was formed and was elected to the AIPA committee. They came to power on a ticket of reform, among the members on the so-called ticket was a pilot who oh, I Shell referred to as” Buddha” to keep him anonymous if possible.

Under Senior Deputy President (SDP) Kaufman’s decision as per the quotes above, “Buddha” is not eligible to be a member of AIPA and therefore not eligible to be on the committee of management (C.O.M.)
Also there was a group (may be 80 odd) of $50 members (not Qantas mainline) who also voted in this election, who were in eligible to vote.
Why hasn't anyone including the registrar challenged the election? Or the members of the old Com that were defeated under the ARG's ticket, due to be in eligible (members) voting in that election?

What about all the decisions made by the ARG since the election with “Buddha” on the COM.