PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai Retention Packages-Hit or miss
View Single Post
Old 24th Jun 2007, 06:46
choclit runway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi NV

The fines have been heavy! I believe up to around AED 70K (£10000). In slight defence of the company, these guys only did a year of a three year contract and a large proportion of that fine (I am guessing now) would be to pay back the AED 35K furniture allowance on arrival (5 year tie).

No overtime worked although expect to have to work a few extra nights instead of afternoons through the summer to allow an extra leave line.

Average age? Very mixed from oldschool IAL chaps approaching retirement to young nationals in there early twenties just getting into the game.

Unfortunately manning and the money are the biggies here but other irritations are bad equipment, poor transport for getting too and from the tower/rdr room (airside), some over-zealous security staff and the automatic suspension and retraining package (min 6 days) if you have ANY kind of loss of separation. This is not a subjective, progressive learning system but a pretty draconian waste of time that encourages cover-ups. Dont expect the same levels of airmanship from our customers here as in the UK.

Good stuff. Some fantastic people, HOT weather, great bars and nightlife, cheap cars, sandy beaches, exploring the emirates, golf bla bla bla. If you've got a hobby at home the chances are you will be able to do it better and cheaper here (unless you are the Dorset Dominoes champion).

Leave work at the door and have a ball. APPARENTLY there's ANOTHER new package on the way??????????

My advice, sit back and watch for a few months!

Last edited by choclit runway; 24th Jun 2007 at 06:47. Reason: typo