PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Laser in Sydney
Thread: Laser in Sydney
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2007, 15:47
cessnaman172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Green Laser

I have also had a very similar incident to those above..

Was on approach to RWY 16R at SY, P.N.F. An extremely bright light was shon directly into the cockpit at approximately 4.8 DME. from the right side of the aircraft (from a WSW direction). I looked out to see what it was (not expecting it to be a laser), and the f@#$wits on the ground shon it into the cockpit a second time, at around 4.6 DME, this time getting me fair and square in the right eye. As part of the readback to the landing clearance I reported the incident to the tower controller. After landing, the ground controller asked me a few questions (distance, direction it came from etc..). My captain also submitted an incident report with the distances and direction that the laser came from.

These idiots shoud be well and truly punished. If I was flying a smaller single pilot aircraft that night, the results might have been disastrous. My vision had been affected for around 3 hours after the incident - I was seeing stars and had slightly blurred vision. When the cops catch up with these idiots, they should make an example out of them!