PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai Retention Packages-Hit or miss
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2007, 15:32
roswell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not from DBX, but within the M/E. JDII has lost the plot here, definately no idea. Why would we encourage people not to apply and keep working harder and harder without leave etc. Really smart, not. All units are extremely short, I applaud those stating the facts to potential new comers. I would have appreciated it back when I applied. On top of the mediocre packages we are all on, lets not forget the adverse effect the weak US Dollar is having on our 'international pay'. We have to consider that GB has f#cked the US economy and confidence so badly that the US will never recover. If that is the case, nothing short of a 30% payrise would restore normality, and that is not going to happen. Things really are not as portrayed by employers in these parts either. Those looking at coming must put a lot of thought into it. I'm not going to say come, so I can have leave, have people arrive and then think what the heck am I doing, thanks for the info mate! Say it how it is so people have the facts to work on, it is a big decision to leave a home country, people deserve to know the truth.