PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cadet schemes
Thread: cadet schemes
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2007, 12:33
captain_rossco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on buddy! A-levels rock! New mates, new experiences blah blah blah! A degree these days isnt usually that vocational, but is shows dedication to something, never a bad idea.
A-levels will not get you into the right hand seat but are a pre-requisite for some cadet schemes, you are 17 amigo, and looking at some posts, dont quite have the metal to get into a jet without a couple more years life experience behind you yet.
Go and do your A-levels, and practice not asking for other peoples advice at varying intervals, just go for it.
I can guarantee you, that if I had said to the old man, "do you think i should borrow £40k to embark on a training scheme without any sort of a guarantee of work at the end of it", he would have said, "get out of my house immediately, I don't understand aviation, and therefore you're questions are wasted on me, moreover I just heard the words £40k and no guarantee in one sentence, that to me, makes you an idiot, good bye my son",
but guess what, I'm doing it, and I like it. Don't get me wrong I've had my 'oh sh*t' moments, but I love it.
You'll be 18-19 when you finish your A-levels, still plenty young enough to
sit in the RHS for 40 years, asking your captain as many questions as you like.

Regards

CR

Aviation Lemming