PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Young Private Pilots
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2007, 01:17
jai6638

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The other thing I found, and it might be a bit of a broad stroke, was that when I was younger there was more of a tendency to rush things. Not out of any shoddy practice, but perhaps just a little youthful exuberance. Try to slow down, take your time. Enjoy what it is you're doing.
So true!! I'm trying to get rid of my habit of rushing things but damn its hard !

Often they were just trying to be helpful but occasionally I felt as if I wasn't being taken seriously. To be fair it was nothing major, but I do remember doing a solo landaway to one airfield, walking into the club house and being asked in a rather condescending manner if I was hanging around for a trial flight. When I said I had flown in, I was asked who the pilot was!
lol.. I had a similar experience. I flew into Bedford ( near Boston, US ) for my first solo XC. Bedford is a busy airport with lotsa security measures after 9/11. After I was done using the services at the FBO there, the security guy stopped me on my way to the plane and said "Hey, who are you.. How'd you get into the airport premises? Where's your ID".. When I told him I was the pilot, he asked me those questions again with a rude stare. Really sucks how they dont believe you..