PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Mauritius ab-initio program 2006/2007
Old 23rd Jun 2007, 00:58
UAU242

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd just like to throw in a few points about the previous threads.

Capt Jaffer, you can't leave out conversions in your analysis! They cost time and money, you'll soon see that 1.5 million rising and rising, especially if you don't pass everything first time! Its true that a PPL in uk is essentially the same as PPL in, say, Oz. But whats that got to do with us?? We want to be CPL pilots, not PPL-ers flying on weekends.
Its true there are jobs out there in the world, in all the areas that ChiyaWena mentionned. But there are also thousands of others looking for that job...it could take 1 month, 6 months, 1 year..to get that job. Also costing time and money..and we see that 1.5 million rising again.
Finally, I wouldn't go by whatever Rod Machado says. There are plenty of people who will train and spend the money and never ever get employed in aviation, for whatever reason. I'd say like ChiyaWena, get out there and speak to people and take these posts with a pinch of salt.
Finally, it will take more than 1 or 2 years to save up for a CPL/IR, depending on where you want to do it. Also, working visa's are not exactly a walk in the park to get. There are barriers ChiyaWena that prevent some people, don't forget these.

I don't want to sound all doom and gloom however. I believe it can be done with time and determination. To anyone wanting to embark on that journey, just make sure you get your medical done first!!!