PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - type rating on FAA PPL ME license
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2007, 20:54
BelArgUSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If a Citation rating...

Oi Che /
xxx
Yes, if I was you, I would do the CE-500 Citation or Citation II rating first...
Numerous flight schools offer such in the USA for about $5,000 all included... takes about 10 days to 2 weeks at the most.
xxx
Regarding your IR rating in the USA, there is a special FAA written test for holders of foreign ICAO IR, to validate these on a US FAA certificate, which will read then as follows -
xxx
"Private Pilot"
"Airplane Multiengine Land CE-500"
"Instrument Airplanes"
"US Instrument Rating Test Satifactorily Completed"
xxx
That written exam can be studied in about 2 days, takes about 2 hrs to take the written test on the third day - suggest you read US FAR Part 61 on the FAA internet site. For the flight test in the CE-500, the test will not be any different, just IFR proficiency with the rating ride, which is standard.
xxx
Then, if you still want a B-737 rating, you then qualify for an all simulator course (no test in the aircraft would then be required since you have the CE-500 type rating) - If I recall well, PanAm Academy Miami offers the B-737 rating for about $5,000-6,000 - takes about 2 to 3 weeks to do...
xxx
If you had to fly the B-737 (having no CE-500 prior to the B-737 training) you would have certainly paid $5,000 extra - so in practice, if you do as I suggest, you get both ratings, CE-500 and B-737 for the same expense than doing a B-737 directly (requiring a flight test in aircraft)...
xxx
For your info, I suggest the Miami/Ft.Lauderdale area, rather inexpensive for motels and food, and just next to FLL you have Pompano Beach, which is a community of brasileiros, and can enjoy the churrascarias.
xxx
Remember to get a TSA authorization to train in airplanes in USA, they dont know that Lula da Silva is not a friend of Osama Bin Ladin... PanAm Academy can assist you for that - call Mr. Matt Thierney at the PanAm Academy.
xxx
What in hell will you do with a PPL with a B-737 rating ???
xxx
Sim, conosco POA muito bem, meu esposa naci no POA. Eu pode falar Portuņol.
Sorry for Boca - Gremio 2-0 (Copa Libertadores) - I hate Boca, I am for River
If any more help needed write your questions, I live in BsAs but often teach at PanAm Academy - but for 747, and know the US FAA rules quite well.
xxx

Happy contrails - Chau