PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS - 4
Thread: LEEDS - 4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2007, 15:20
Mooncrest

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
And another thing ! It's not just lack of gates but passenger walkways outside. For the benefit of those not in the know we have a crackpot system at LBA where the (note singular) walkway comes to an end at stand 11. Don't ask me why, it just does.This means that pax whose aircraft are parked stand 12 downwards have to be bussed to and from the terminal. For a 757 aircraft that can mean up to five buses for a single flight, buses which, incidentally, are driven by ramp operatives whose main task is baggage handling. They can't do both at once, hence more delays for the pax, our customers, our bread and butter. A complete nonsense. And being a single walkway no more than about three feet wide, it can only be used by one flight at once and this is happening more and more. Sometimes it's like the Dark Ages at LBA. Makes one wonder if the clown who designed the apron and walkway is a distant relative of the moron who decided the San Andreas fault would be a great place to build San Francisco.
bobleeds might be on to something with this prefab idea although it would worry me to have more tin and canvas buildings on the airport. I really hope Bridgepoint do something before too long and folk start voting with their feet. For a supposedly progressive regional airport, it's a shambles. Bring on the new terminal... PLEASE !!