PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle Gear up Emergency Landing in WB
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2007, 10:11
Blue Line

Confectionary Transfer Technician

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This post seems to be going around in circles. Sure the medical facilities at WB aren't great but given the choice WB was the winner easy on that day.

I went over WB & Welly a couple of hours later & WB didnt have a cloud in the sky and hardly any wind.

Welly on the other hand was a typical Wellington day, I dont remember the wind off the top of my head but the cloud was certainly down enough to make you do at least the ILS.

Surely as profession pilots we know that as some of you other guys have said is certainly abnormal but by landing at woodbourne they certainly minimmized the risk than landing at Wellington that day.

Now if it had actually been a nice day at wellys, it could of been the better option. But I certainly would of done the same as the lads did with the weather conditions around that day as goign to wellington would of increased the risk alot more. But also another option that no one has mentioned, that I would certainly consider above wellington is Palmy. They have good hospitals and the runway is good aswell. Its just nomally the weather there is worse than wellington.