PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle Gear up Emergency Landing in WB
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2007, 08:57
kiwiblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lowerlobe
Nothing simplistic about my question at all.It requires a straight forward yes or no....
Your question was and is overly simplistic. Read my post again, I answered you fully. IF you are a pilot, these are things you should already know and understand.

Originally Posted by Cloud Cutter
It's not the doctor's comments regarding the medical capacity of Blenheim that are unfounded, but the lack of understanding that caused him to make them. Next we'll be avoiding landings at small towns, in marginal weather because the local medical facilities will be unable to cope if it all goes horribly wrong.
Precisely. Rampant political correctness.

Originally Posted by lowerlobe
If ego's are taken out of the equation then accidents will be minimised. However, when you have people telling us that it all went swimmingly AFTER the event and telling doctors to buzz off it appears those ego's are still in play.
Certainly one ego appears to be still in-play... There is little to be gained endlessly 'Monday Quaterbacking' the decisions made in this circumstance. The event was handled appropriately by all concerned, with the only dissension after the fact by a medical professional's ill-considered media comments. It was a political ploy!!! lowerlobe, simply give it up. Your position is comprehensively debunked. Stop trying to defend the indefensible.