PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle Gear up Emergency Landing in WB
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2007, 08:15
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kiwiblue...

Nothing simplistic about my question at all.It requires a straight forward yes or no....

sir.pratt....I was on one of the first SP's into Wellington and it lived up to it's nickname with ease.

If you can land a SP in weather that sucked then a small twin should really not be a problem.

This was not my point however as Blenheim may well have been the best choice.

Which field was closer when the pilots realised they had a problem?

What was the weather like in Wellington at the time?

Perhaps the airline wanted to minimise media attention by landing at Blenheim? ...

Didn't work though but nah airlines would never think of that ...

My point was the indignation of some pilots at a doctor telling them what he thought.Thats fine as he was looking at it from a medical view point.

The part that made me laugh was these same pilots telling us that Blenheim was suitable and could handle any medical eventuality.

I imagine that the doctors would like the right of response at pilots telling them about medical capabilities.

Actually I have a mate that is have an MRI next week.I might tell him to save some money and get a pilot to give him an opinion.

There is no point talking about what happened after the safe and luckily uneventfull landing.The doctor was talking about what would have happened if it was the other way around from a medical view point.

As someone else said..
If you want tax advice see an accountant
If you want to find out about flying ask a pilot
If you want to talk about medical matters ask a doctor..not someone flying you to your destination