PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL vs Microlight
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2007, 07:12
xrayalpha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

Yet again, the NPPL minefield rears its ugly head.

Here is the Microlight to SEP exam requirement - in writing - from the chief executive of the BMAA to all microlight instructors (which confirms that microlight exams are valid in place of JAR exams - IF you get a NPPL microlight licence first):

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 20 November 2006 15:41
To: Roy Hart
Subject: NPPL

Roy,

You will remember that the NPLG Ltd now accept all the microlight exams except the Aircraft General and Flight Procedures towards the grant of a NPPL SSEA rating where the applicant is the holder of a NPPL Microlights. This is a change to the current Cross Credit document, revision 6, which is published on the NPPL website. Please send an email all the microlight instructors to this effect.

Thanks

Geoff

Yes, it is contrary to Lasors, but then lots of things are!

(There is also not a microlight "Aircraft General and Flight Procedures microlight exam!!!!)

I'm afraid I operate at the sharp end by running a microlight school and having to deal with this b@ll@x every week.

Perhaps, although I offer C42 microlight training, that was why I suggested just going straight for the light aircraft route.

For the hassle about adding a microlight instructor's rating to a JAR light aircraft licence, look at one of my earlier threads.

Very best wishes