PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Toilets overflow on Continental flight
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2007, 02:57
FirmamentFX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I am saying is that in todays litigious society there is an undeniable tendency to make mountains out of molehills in the expectation of higher and, in my personal view, ridiculous payouts.
[Close up of dropout in a Burberry cap sitting in his living room]

"I was taking a flight and the toilets overflowed. There was sh1t everywhere and the smell was awful. I was so traumatised that I couldn't go down the post office to get my benefit-defrauding giro for 3 weeks and therefore couldn't afford my weekly fix."

[Cut to interior of an aircraft cabin with said dropout holding his nose]

"I called the National Accident Tear-The-Ar5e-Out-Of-It-Line and they put me in touch with a professional solicitor who obviously couldn't cut it in private practice so ended up doing litigation, mass torts, and class actions for people like me who can smell(!) an opportunity for cash whenever it presents itself. He sued the ar5e out of the airline I flew with and got me £262,381, which is frankly more money than I should be trusted with alone."

[Cut to picture of a cheque...]

"What's more, the airline has now instigated new safety procedures in all their toilets."

Sorry, couldn't resist. I agree the situation was unacceptable, but if any lawsuits come from this they should be thrown out immediately...

Martin