PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Message to Low Hour Pilots
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2007, 01:57
dragonsfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well according to the new editor of the Australian Helinews magazine, this is something we as pilots really shouldn't fuss about and we should stop complaining. He made an analogy in the March edition I think, and compared this situation with that of Doctors and Lawyers and said that they too have problems with employers during their early jobs. Does anyone know this idiot? I wanted to call him and tell him what I thought of him as he has absolutely no idea about what goes on in this industry.
What he failed to realize was that doctors and lawyers are all but guarenteed jobs when they graduate so at least they have one to complain about. Most pilots with a fresh commercial licence don't even get a look in these days and it's the lucky few that get a start. Out of those lucky few, a lot of them are subjected to shonky operators willing to exploit their passion in this particular way and I just wish that more people would stand up to them.
To all you low life operators that do this, try and remember when you needed a start and understand that pilots have the lives of people in the palm of their hands so a few measly dollars usually helps put that in to perspective!!
DF