PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES - Wannabees & Recruitment II
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2007, 20:34
Flyrules

Dilvinay

Hola,

Well, they will actually tell you that you should be available for at least 5 days. It actually depends on how many people end up showing to the OD.

For instance, there were about 100 of us during the OD in Santa Cruz, only 7 got selected for the final interiew. So that's only 7 people to be scheduled for the final interview (avrg: 1 hour per person). The recruitment officers wanted to give us a whole day off to be able to gather all documents and photos required for the final interview. Also, we needed some extra time to finish up the on-line based tests.

Before we were sent home the first day, we talked to the recruitment officers and explained to them that we had everything ready (docs, photos, etc). I had booked my flight back to Miami for the following evening; another guy had to be at work and couldn't take the day off. So we agreed to held the final interviews the following morning as opposed to the day after. I was the first one scheduled for interview as they knew I had to catch a flight later that day.

With that said, my suggestion is: once you recieve the invitation to attend the final interview, talk to them, explain your situation. They are very understanding people. Even when you fill out the application forms for the final interview, you will be asked to let them know if there are any important events happening in your life within the next couple of months such as weddings, birthdays, graduation parties, etc. They will give you a start date based on your avalability! That is very nice of them.

As far as advise on what you should wear or not during the OD, I will let that for a girl to answer. I am a guy and its very simple for us: suite, shirt and tie. Guys can't go wrong.

Good luck!

Fly Rules

Last edited by Flyrules; 21st Jun 2007 at 22:10.