PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2007, 18:53
AC Ovee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSM

The purpose of posting the info was to show the Little short fat chap that his comment about 'recent' airline incidents/accidents was simply not correct.
That was all you needed to write.

Since your outburst, I re-read his contribution and I didn't have any argument with it.

As others have also indicated, civil airlines operate to make money and one of their biggest overheads, in doing so, is safety. I firmly believe that the manufacturers and operators rely on the regulators to establish the safety requirements and then build and fly those aircraft to meet those safety needs at the lowest cost. They make their aircraft as safe as they need to be to get certified. I've not yet heard of any builder or operator inventing and/or fitting an expensive safety feature that was not required by regulation.

So, when a civil airliner crashes, the builder and the operator can say, hand on heart, that the aircaft met the safety standard, so don't blame them. But, the chances are that the aircraft was not as safe as it could be. IMHO, of course.....