PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2007, 18:17
Tightflester

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TSM

A classic case of CDD. TSM you suffer from Clue Deficieny Disorder. Put simply, you haven't got a scoobie!
I have read what SFO posted. He is quite correct. He makes the point that money counts... which of course it does. If money was no object, would there never be another aircraft crash (military / civil)? As many people have pointed out the safest option is to keep the aircraft in the hangars, but they have a job to do, so at some point their life and that of their crew is put at a higher level of risk by parting company with terra firma. No doubt safeware has sat in many more safety reviews than I. He tried to explain the complex process of risk identification, review and subsequent mitigation only to be harranged by others suffering from CDD. Risk management is similar throughout companies worldwide and across the military - civil divide, it is not exclusive to the avaiation industry but wherever the principles of risk management are applied, cost is always a consideration..... which is the point I believe SFO was making.