PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2007, 13:02
SASless

Received 516 Likes on 215 Posts
Zalt,

Perhaps you have me mistaken for someone else.....am happily retired and living on a nice sailboat and peering into bottles looking for wee Amber Devils. When I left the White Man's Grave....I never looked back. Several others have done the same.

Garth Parfitt, who sued Bristow and won, and I used to enjoy sending almost simultaneous e-mails to Pee Wee asking if there was a light in the window (knowing there was not).

Garth, bless his soul, has passed on and I have retired so no longer any interest in doing a wind up on the Pro's from Dover. Comparing the responses we received were quite the hoot!

A very senior German pilot with a big camera (and master of wind-up's)....would have loved what we did had he known.

Parfitt was also in a class alone in that regard. He had Tyreburst thinking Redhill had sent Parfitt to report on the Somalia Operation (by leaving a bogus letter laying about in his room in Mogadishu knowing Tyreburst read other folk's mail. Seems Tyreburst even bought drinks and the like for Garth.

I shall miss Garth's great sense of humour and dedication to letting the air out of Wind Bags. He was a good friend and I have the fond memory of his last helicopter flight which was in the Huey in the UK.