PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2007, 12:26
The Swinging Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks to all the guys who are giving me a slagging over my comments about the SFO, but you really should read what he said first. His comments about civilan airliners were stupid, wrong and probably liabelous, and as for personal abuse, advise him of the rules also would you please.

I am truly astonished if, as has been pointed out here, that SFO is a 'highly experienced Nimrod pilot, one of only few Nimrod QFIs left'

I am genuingly astonished that someone who would clearly has a great deal of experience, should come out with such a statement concerning the civilain airliner fleet. I hope someone from Boeing or Airbus has read his comments and has the balls to come on here and explain some facts to him.

Now you can say what ever you want to me, I really don't care. I'm here because I feel passionately about the current safety (or lack of it) on the Nimrod fleet and the potential lack of safety on the MR4. Not one of you have come back with a reasonable explanation as to why the MR4 is NOT being fitted with a fire suppressant systen in the bomb bay. Not one of you have explained why the aircraft will be using a single-skinned AAR sytem, almost identical one to that fitted to the MR2 fleet. Why is that?

The reason for your lack of responce? because you, me, Tappers Dad and everyone else all know that at the end of the day, there is NO MONEY to replace/upgrade systems on the existing fleet or on the new one.

Thats NOT you fault, and I in no way blame you. But please don't sit there and try to justify it to me and others, or come up with sad and lame excuses as to why the RAF can have a state of the art aircraft as far as sensors and avionics are concerned, but a 25 year old system for the AAR, and a 50 year old system for the bomb bay. It all comes down to £££££££ or lack of them!

TSM