PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye PPRUNE...
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2001, 23:31
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
And here comes another piece of SLF, thinking that he has something to say.

"Please sir?" <raises hand> "Please SIR??"
I have been on the web for six years and bulletin boards have always been an important part of it for me. There are some which I can no longer follow because of the trash on them. Silly questions and unprintable put-downs just swarm over them.

I recently asked a question in a US based USENET. Wow! Within 48 hours the thread had gone off track and people had turned my question upside down!

This has not yet happened on Pprune and I doubt that it will - this is the kind of thread to keep it on track.

With threads like the Concorde ones, there is a very simple process: Read it until the Signal:Noise ratio hits the balance (whatever your personal point might be) and then forget it. You might miss some good posts but it is the only way to ensure that your blood stays at the right temperature.

As a pax with lifelong interest in the world of flight, finding Pprune was a great delight and I try to keep my nose out of the way of you folks up the pointy end. But I love to read.

Thanks to SS and the other moderators, I know that if you had more time you might jump on more of the twits but you do a great job.