PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye PPRUNE...
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2001, 18:53
OneWorld22

Jolly Green Giant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Well done £6, that was an excellent post and I hope Busta read it. I agree with you and I can also see where Busta is coming from. I've personally fought with a lot of people on PPRuNe and have been called every name under the sun and I've read with dismay a lot of posts which I couldn't even bother to reply to, look at the Dunnunda forum for example at some of the inane suggestions from people as to what to do with the 'Tampa.'

That's PPRuNe for you, you'll read outrageous stuff, you'll dissagree with a common consensus and be crucified for it, you'll try to start an intelligent discussion and watch it degenerate into a playschool scrap and you'll ask innocent questions and be crapped on like you wouldn't believe.

But for gods sake Busta,
stay, never give up your ability and right to speak your mind. Get stuck in, make an argument, hang your b***s out there and never mind the flack, because it is worth it in the end because you would have contributed something and that matters. £6 is right, many of these guys engage in a lot of macho posturing, shouting their mouths off behind the warm blanket of anonymity that PPRuNe provides. I think in the flesh a lot of these people would turn out to be OK.

And remember the old line, "don't let the bast**ds grind you down!"