PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye PPRUNE...
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2001, 22:34
kbf1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the internet is a bit like a family, you can choose to associate or dis-associate yuorself from it, but you can't choose the others that come along as part of it. God knows if I were able to choose my family, all but a couple of them would have been sent to the Goulags ages ago.

A number of the forums suffer from an idiot quotient of some order. A couple of months ago some fast jet guys kept telling perfectly legit PPRuNers to bu$$er off from Mil Pilots coz they didn't fly loud and pointy things, and our intrepid heros of the sky (who it should be noted didn't set the site up, don't put in time as moderators, didn't put their hands in their pockets to pay for servers, and bandwidth etc)took it upon themselves to decide who should or should not be on the forum. The net result was the loss of a couple of AAC rotary and multi guys who just couldn't be @rsed any more with dealing with idiots. You either choose to rise to the bait, or you choose to ignore them for the intellectual impotents that they are.

[ 28 August 2001: Message edited by: kbf1 ]