PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are Virgin Flagging out?
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2001, 06:43
dallas dude

Guvnor (sigh),

My point was..if it's a Virgin product it ought to be a Virgin airplane (or at least crewed by Virgin staff). I've nothing against Atlanta (in fact I've never heard of them) but if you are sold a product with Sir Dick's mug on it you ought to get it, not a Mike Yarwood impersonation.

BA's cargo routes should be flown by BA. Period. This'll upset some of my friends but the big picture here is that if we allow the door to crack open, before long ALL flying will be done by the cheapest resource, just like trainers'(sneakers) are made in the cheapest Country right now. Until there's an accident, of course. But then, the bean counters will be safely behind their desks so what will they care. It's the cost of doing business, right?

In 1940 (strains of Rule Brittannia begin..) the UK Merchant Navy consisted of over 3000 ships with an approximate tonnage of 17.7 MILLION tons. Where is it now? (No, it wasn't all sunk by U boats). It was "re-flagged".
Because someone offered to do it cheaper!

Getting off on a bit of a tangent here but I'm sure you get my drift (pun intended).

By the way, are they still giving out African licences in Jamboree Bags?

dd