PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 29th May 2007, 15:43
howard_hughes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi folks, hopefully this post is in the right section but apologies if it isn't.

I've been considering a career in the armed forces for a while now but would like some input from those within the RAF and Royal Navy as to which path would be a better career. (I understand that much of this will be personal preference)

I have just finished university and hope to apply for an officer position in either of the above but not as a pilot, preferably something intelligence/admin related.

From what I can gather (perhaps wrongly!) the RAF seems to have slightly higher pay on entry but the Navy would provide more opportunity for travel. I don't have any commitments tying me down at the moment so work location doesn't bother me.

Other than that I'm not very aware of the pro's and con's of joining each so would appreciate if anyone within the forces or not can give me some advice. I've had a good read over their respective careers sites but I always like to hear the unofficial opinions too!

Many thanks for your help - William.