PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 24th May 2007, 22:23
Surge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IOT at Cranwell

I am currently finishing term 1 here at RAFC Cranwell and will be moving into CHOM next Friday, if you want any certain facts then just ask me and I will happily help you out. I was the same before OASC Fam visit etc and a couple of guys helped me out with some info. At OASC be yourself, relax as much as possible and enjoy it. It is designed to select the right people for the course, if you somehow manage to slip through then you are not going to enjoy it here. As far as training and prep goes then get as fit as possible, push ups and sit ups are what they test you on in P'Ed as well as your mile-and-a-half time. You ideally want to be banging out 77 push ups, 80 sit ups in two minutes and running said distance in under 9 minutes. If you can do this then you will be ready for everything they have to throw at you. Don't wait for anything, start training now and don't let up. You are also going to be at least a competant swimmer, ideally a good swimmer. Aircrew have a bastard of a swim test consisting of 4 lengths and 2 minutes treading water before hauling your ass out, all done in a flight suit. There is a kit list that I can post if you would like. Bed beckons and I've still polishing and ironing to do, a good night.