PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 16th May 2007, 18:06
05c4r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, im in my last year of high school and am set to get good GCSE's, unfortunatly im not in ATC and my school has only just started running the DOE award so i dont have that either. However i will have had some hours flying by the end of the summer.

I am mature for my age and i have never taken drugs, im confident and believe that if you want something bad enough, with enough work, you can get it.

I am certain that i want to be pilot preferably in the RAF, otherwise the FAA. My question is would i have a chance of gaining a sixth form scholarship as i know that competition is extremely fierce and although i think/hope i have what it takes, would the fact that i have not been in ATC and not done a DOE award etc practically rule me out? Im asking this as i know that there are bound to be people there who have been in ATC since they were 13, have a DOE gold award, have PPL's, have been head boy/girl at high school, etc.

Although i am dedicated, mature, enjoy meeting new people and having a challenge, would my application be too weak to compete simply because there will be people who have achieved more than me

Or would you recommend not applying, joining ATC whilst im in college and doing more to boost my application for when i finish college, which will give me a better chance plus some great expieriences?

Im going to go to the local AFCO in a few weeks and have a chat there.

Do you think i have any reason not to apply? The worst that could happen is that i get turned down, right? Theres not a limit to how many times you may apply is there?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks for reading!