PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 1st May 2007, 13:50
Capt_SlackBladder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Army Air Corps Pilot

I’m just looking for a bit of advice. I'm currently in the process of rearranging a date for the AOSB main board because I was ill on the week I was due to attend. I have not been sponsored through AOSB etc by the AAC but I understand that means very little since your career after RMAS is not decided until interviews in the 2nd or 3rd term.

I'm 25 years old and am interested in becoming an officer in the AAC. I just want a bit of advice regarding aptitude tests and grading assuming I pass AOSB. When do aptitude tests and flying grading take place? If I were to pass AOSB and be offered a place at RMAS could I sit them before I start the commissioning course? It would most likely be September or January entry.

I actually joined the RN in 2005 but left after seven months as I thought I’d get more from a civilian career and I reckonedI’d be able to afford my own flying training after working for a few years. I’ve since come to regret that decision even although the civilian career is on track. I passed the Navy aptitude tests well and I also passed Navy flying grading and was wondering if these results could be transferred or something.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, particularly from anyone in or wishing to be in the AAC.