PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 20th Apr 2007, 15:27
Terricolous Officer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote: "Hi there,

Im a university bursar on a UAS (obviously) and graduate this summer. Back in January Cranwell asked for our preferred IOT start dates - either September, November or February ('08). I put down for November and it was confirmed about three weeks ago.

Since then however, the admin officers at cranwell and the UASs have sent out emails asking if people can start in June. These were initially on a volunteer basis but now I have a feeling they are looking to make people whos summer final exams finished by 10th June start IOTing in June. From what I heard, somebody at Cranwell screwed up and at the moment there are not even enough people down in June for the course to go ahead.

I was just wondering if:
1/ Cranwell can tell you that you have to start earlier than the date they confirmed with you?
2/ There would be any circumstances in which, if asked, you could (politely!) refuse?"

You can tell them why you want to defer. You are in the RAF via the UAS, the RAF can tell you to start earlier- this isn't Tescos. I would advise going on the summer course. You'll do the outdoorsy stuff in nice weather and there'll be less of you. The less of you the better training you'll receive.