PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 3rd Apr 2007, 19:32
thefonz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Non Commissioned Aircrew

Hi Guys,

Was looking for a bit of advice. I last went through OASC in Jan 2004 for WSOp but was unsuccessful and told to re-apply the following year, I didn't and joined the Civvie Police, where I've been since. The problem is that I've still kept an interest in life in the RAF and am in a bit of a quandry with what to do with myself. The thought of joining as 'rearcrew' is something that I can't shake. I wouldn't want to go through life thinking 'what-if'

I get the distinct feeling from the threads that the job isn't what it used to be, and in the same way the Police is, there is too much red-tape and internal politics up against everyone. If I decide to pack up and re-apply, what can I reasonably expect to happen?

I'm in no doubt the reality of overseas operations and the possiblity of being involved in a conflict. Should I pack up my life, house and fiancee' and go for it? Or is it a young/single man/womans game?

Just for your info, i'm 26 live in the North Of Scotland and was in the UAS at uni ( albeit that was 5 years ago and probably have forgotten which hand to salute with)!

I would appreciate any advice going.

Thanks

TF