PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 19th Mar 2007, 19:20
mike172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, just a question about fitness. I know the RAF rules on fitness but this is a little different.

In year 7 of school (I must have been 11 or 12) during a long distance run I became quite out of breath. I was pretty good at long distance running and pushed myself pretty hard but a teacher (I think he was a learning support guy) over reacted and suggested I see my GP. I did and he gave me an inhaler without ever checking me out or diagnosing me.
I've never used it nor have I ever needed to. When I spoke to my GP he told me that he had never diagnosed me with anything and that the inhaler was given just in case I needed it.
I'm a bit worried that this could jeopardise any chance I have of becoming a pilot within the RAF. Should I?

On a side note, i'm doing a course at college (BTEC national diploma) that is equivalent to three A-levels. I'm aiming for three Merits, which is the equivalent to three Cs at A-level. What is the RAF's views on these qualifications?

Cheers for your time.