PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 14th Mar 2007, 16:46
Gowja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all,

I'm sorry to drop this in here when it may already have been covered, there are so many threads... but I was hoping for some advice. I am about to apply as NCO Aircrew, and I guess I really want some advice from people about good moves to make. Here is the "plan" as it stands at the minute:

I have been in a sit down civvy job for 2 years so some fitness is evidently in order to start, I found a training plan on the internet, and have tweaked it to suit my needs. My thoughts are for aircrew selection running, running and a bit more running may be in order? Is there anything else I should consider (press and sit ups have never been an issue for me).

I did notice a thread mentioning swimming, while I can swim I haven't done so seriously in a while how important is this?

My thoughts are to improve my fitness for 2 months prior to initial application, and then step the regime up before OASC.

I did read a lot of what you said about it being down to aptitude and I can appreciate this.

To be honest, I think I know what I'm doing, but it is a life-goal, so some confirmation about Non-Com Aircrew training would be helpful, any hints, tips or advice would be gratefully received.

oh, and I heard a rumour that if you excel in training you can be picked out as officer material. Is this true?