PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 1st Mar 2007, 18:55
thenaughtyaviator

Just with regards to the IOT stuff that's been posted, the current pass mark on the "new" course is somewhere around 75% first time, however, the vast majority of people will graduate given enough time and the correct remedial training (which I know second-hand is second to none at the college). With regards to some of the posts about OASC, I have some very good friends who are aircrew with Aero Eng degrees etc. and in all honesty your subject doesnt matter at all, its an ability to learn that is the requirement. With regards to those people the RAF takes on at 16/17 with scholarships etc etc etc they are taking a punt and paying them a lot less through training (trust me, a lot lot less - and i'm single). Also, with regards to eyesight, the requirements pre and post selection are oh so very different, and I believe the other services and WSO branch have lower requirements. Hope this helps - any other advice, shout!