PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 24th Feb 2007, 21:09
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SH... The reply might sound "sarcastic". However, military pilot recruitment have the benefit of applicants who are 100% dedicated to achieving the position, and have often wanted as much as since they could walk
Both the recruitment process, and the initial training, quickly weed out those who see it as "another job in the job market", and pick one branch of the military based on "the benefits of the ..... organisation".
Maybe life has changed since I joined, or you can pull the wool over their eyes better than most, or even motivate yourself to the degree of dedication required. However, statements such as:
  • I have looked at all options
  • am unsure as to which I should join
  • I am looking at joing the services as a Pilot if I do do not go Civil
do not indicate a 100% ambition / dedication / loyalty to one branch of the service, let alone a service life at all.
It might sound harsh, but it might help you in the long run And as an aside, life in the services has it's own characteristics, and a whinge like
I didn't relly want sarcasm.... not mock me.
I am afraid would just be replied with "if you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined "