PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 26th Jan 2007, 20:46
garywoodrow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks everyone for the advice, its very much appreciated.

I have been to the AFCO... well about 20+ times actually and it was shut every time..takes 2 hours to get their as well . lol. Anyway i got there this time when it was open and talked for a little while. The guy in their told me that my GCSE's are not brilliant which i know (i did mess around a lot in school and now regret it ) but then went on to tell me that grades don't mean very much as long as you have the minimum. He also told me ICT was a great subject to have because i will have an understanding of the equipment used which will help me through training etc. Also now that i have 'got my head down' in college and im prediceted A/B's it shows that i can learn things quickly which may help me.

Another thing he told me that it is better to apply straight from A-Levels and not after a degree. Reason for this is that the RAF wants younger people for pilots because of the length of training and various other reasons. So i may still be in with a chance . I will apply anyway after my contract in the TA is up and give it my best shot.