PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 25th Jan 2007, 18:50
londonmet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by garywoodrow
Hi, I am just concerned that I will not be good enough for the RAF, which is what i have always wanted to do and would appreciate some advice.

I actually gave up on this dream a few years ago due to various reasons . Recently i have decided that this is what i want - not being an airline pilot -, am not very fit at the moment but i am making great progress getting fit again and I'm currently doing 3 A-Levels, Maths & ICT & ICT Double and being predicted E, B/A, B respectivly. My GCSE grades where not all that great, I got 8 Total, 1B, 6C's and a D. I have spoken to 2 people from the RAF but that didnt help much lol. I was told my GCSE grades where nowhere near good enough but then also told by the other RAF guy my GCSE's are good enough and if i acheive my A-Levels predictions in ICT it will show that i have improved . I am also joining the TA for 1year in march to start understanding what the military is like and also to get really fit.

I know nobody can say.. Yes you will be accepted.. or.. No youre not good enough but i am just wondering if i really do stand any chance at all.
The military forum has had lots on this thus far. My advice would be to do a search within that forum first. Lots of it should still be up to date.

Best of luck.

L Met