PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 23rd Jan 2007, 23:18
ProfessionalStudent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kyuuki

If I were you, I'd not let on to OASC that you want to fly helicopters. Tell them you want to be a steely-eyed fast jet driver and why (yes, I know this kind of flies in the face of "telling the truth" at OASC, but you won't be the first to tell this particular white lie - and you won't be the last). I had a thing for helis too.

Get in, pass IOT, then "form your opinion", based on weighing up all the options (it won't even matter if you voice that "opinion" during IOT - nobody there will give a stuff frankly). Anyway, your mind may be changed when you actually start flying training - you may like going up-diddly-up-dup more than you imagine.

As Pontius said, there's nothing wrong with applying for the WAFUs at the same time, but if you're doing JEFTS in dark blue and you DO fancy a bit of fixed-wing action, your chances are lower than if you're in light blue.

Just an observation... Your previous posts seem a little negative. Stay POSITIVE and you'd be amazed what can happen...