PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 15th Jan 2007, 13:13
Wader2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Neeps
If I remember correctly the upper age limit for Pilot is 23 years and 11 months upon entering IOT. I'd get yourself to an AFCO as soon as your travels are over. (or perhaps cut them short?)

From what I've seen if you pitched up to an AFCO at 24 for pilot, you wouldn't even be given the forms to fill in.
Neeps, agree. As Jumpsuit
when I return I'll be the terrible age of 23
will not be 24 then that should not be a problem.

BUT that means he needs to get through AFCO, through OASC, through the various filters and sifts, and wait for his letter, so that he arrives at Cranditz before his 24th BD.

It has been suggested that he should allow 6 months for processing unless he is exceptional .

After much deliberation I decided beyond doubt that joining the RAF was what I wanted. . . . to become a pilot; I had to think seriously about it.

I decided to go travelling and experience the world whilst seriously considering my career.
Mmm some pluses and minuses, one of the minus points in plan ahead or failure to.

didn't make the UAS; I was far from prepared.
so lessons learnt?

Anyway, reading between the lines, you are 22 now and will be less than 23 yrs 6 months when you return. This suggests you have plenty of time in hand for one shot at OASC.